SERVICE DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ IN FULL!
CoppellTVRepair offers a REPAIR SERVICE for your Y-sustain board as shown on the picture.
REPAIR SERVICE means that you have to send in your malfunctioning board for us to repair and return back to you. Sale of a serviced board or a trade-in service may also be available, depending on current availability.
- (almost certain) If one of the 20mm ceramic or glass fuses on the YSUS board shown on the picture is open (no continuity) this is a fairly solid indication that the board has failed and needs a service.
Do not try to replace the fuse, it will either blow again or the TV would fail to start (see below).
Note that if both fuses are good that does NOT mean that the board is working well!
- (almost certain) If the TV fails to start, i.e. clicks on, then right back off then you should try disconnecting the board from the picture from the power supply and try again.
If the TV comes on and stays on this time (with the YSUS board disconnected from power) then it is a fairly reliable indication that the board has failed and needs to be serviced or replaced.
- (Fairly reliable) If the display's flashing about every second, this is a good indication that the YSUS board is bad. There is some minimal chance that it may be the ZSUS board or something else, but the majority of time it is caused by a YSUS failure.
Fuses will be good.
- (common, but not so reliable) If the TV comes up with a dark display and after 5 or so minutes of work (it would be good to have sound, i.e. for the TV to be configured on input or channel where there is a signal and you could hear audio) the heat sinks on the YSUS board shown on the picture are cold.
Normally working board would cause the heat sinks to get warm or even hot.
- (not very common, not very reliable) If the display is washed out / gray then it may be because of a failing IPM on the YSUS board; this is relatively rarely observed in those boards.
Typical processing time for the repair is within two business days; if we have any probems that require more time (be it overload or technical problems) we will contact you with an update and request for more time.
We have a fairly high success ratio, but we still do not guarantee success; if we can't get the board to work, though, you will not need to pay.
Presently we do not charge in advance for repair services.
Instead, once the board(s) are received, tested, found to be defective, serviced and tested again to success we send a payment request to the customer.
If something along the process - such as unexpected difficulty or finding a board to be functional - arises we contact the customer via email and/or phone and disscuss options.
Minimal charge / diagnostic fee
If a board arrives and is determined to be functional we charge up to $25 for diagnostic fee.
For explanation of why do we do that please read this article.
We ask that the board arrives here in good physical condition and without traces of tampering. If someone (other than us, that is) has already attempted to service the board then please contact us with a description/pictures and do not directly place an order. We reserve the right to refuse service to boards that have signs of repair attempts.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask.