Coppell TV Repair LLC offers this repair kit for a common failure in YSUS board EBR77185601 shown on the pictures.
The kit addresses a problem we have seen and resolved multiple times on the board and includes the components that we have seen fail on it and which, upon replacing, brought the board back to functionality.
This product is NOT a replacement sustain board. It is a set of components that, when replaced on a failed board, restored its functionality in our past experience as documented in the below video:
Please read carefully the below specified failure symptoms, failure checks, kit contents and difficulty in applying it.
Kit reference name: CTVRL-NO-PB-0150
- TV powers on to no screen or refuses to power altogether (it may be difficult to say); numerous other failures can result in the same appliance behavior, so we recommend taking out the sustain board and testing the components on it;
- Shorted some or all of the following components located at the back side of the YSUS board: Q401,Q402,Q404,Q405 and Q406.
- Q401,Q402,Q404,Q405 and Q406;
- R425||R418,R423||R419,R424||R417,R422||R426,R420||R427 - above MOSFET gate balance resistors; most likely just a pair will be bad on your board and it may not even be burned open, merely visibly burned, but we still recommend replacing it.
It is important that all balancing resistors for all switching transistors in a group have same value! it does not matter much if it will be 5 Ohms or 7.5 Ohms or 10 Ohms - what matters is that it is the same for all of them (and, to be precise, it must also be high enough to overcome the effect of the internal resistance difference)
We include the balance resistors for all switching transistors because it is possible that your board's batch may have been done with different resistor values than the ones we've seen (it is common for manufacturers to use different values in different batches); so if the resistors on your board are of different value you MUST replace all of them OR you must hack up replacements that add up to the same value as the rest in the group; for your convenience we include all needed resistors for both groups of transistors.
- IC402,IC403 - the driving ICs for the switching transistors; located to the right of the group of transistors, close to the edge of the board; can't confuse orientation because of the not-symmetrical packaging they have;
- Q552 and Q553 - those sometimes fail independently from the others;
- IC100 ;
- C975 and C873 from top and bottom buffer boards; the caps bust sometimes when the YSUS fails.
More components can be added to the kit over time if our knowledge changes. If you receive more or less components in the kit that are listed here please contact us for clarification!
All components in the repair kit are brand new to the best of our knowledge.
Where brand new replacements are not available we may use refurbished ones, but we prefer and practice utilizing brand new substitutes/equivalents to parts rather than refurbished originals. This is our general policy , not something special about this particular repair kit.
Medium to high. Replacing SMD components is not the easiest task in soldering, but it is doable with some experience, patience and decent tools.
Improper handling is very likely to damage the board, so if you are not certain you can undertake the service consider using our repair services instead.
Coppell TV Repair LLC does not guarantee that this product is all that is needed to resolve the problems with your TV.
Most of the repair kits we offer are based on first hand experience servicing boards at our repair facility.
Over time they may get expanded with our own experience or information from manufacturer service bulletins, customer feedback etc.
Yet failure can be unique and there can not be guarantee that what has worked one, ten or even hundred times will also work the next one.
Just as important, every repair involves about equal portion of quality of parts and quality of worksmanship and as we have no control over the worksmanship quality unless we are the ones performing it we would be unwise to provide warranty of the products utilized by that worksmanship.
As such, no warranty is offered on this product once the components in it are soldered on a board.
If you would like warranty please see if a REPAIR SERVICE is offered instead of a kit. Unless otherwise noted all our repair services do come with a standard warranty.