Coppell TV Repair LLC offers you the essential components needed to repair the Vs drivers tract of power supply board BN44-0162A used in HP-T5044, HP-T5054, HP-T5064X and possibly other 50'' Samsung based plasma TVs.
The signs of failure are usually visible with naked eye in the form of burned / blown open transistors QS801 and/or QS802 and usually burned pair of resistors RS867/RS879 and/or RS878/RS862 which are closely located to the transistors at the bottom of the board.
Most usually you can be certain you need this kit by determining a short between any two pins of QS801 or QS802. Be careful, though, as there is a normally low gate-to-drain resistance in a functional board! Also, when failed transistors usually, but not always short - sometimes they can blow open or with some random low resistance too.
Transistors QS801 and QS802
SMD resistors RS867, RS879, RS878 and RS862 - all of the same value
SMD resistors RS863 and RS868 (same value)
SMD diodes DS801 and DS802.
- (extended version only) Fuse F803
We recommend that you always replace all of the above although in our practice we've seen many boards that do not need all passive components replaced.
Diodes are especially hard to test since they are in parallel with the low-value resistors; we always replace the diode in the group with blown resistors and usually do not replace the other....so far without problems.
We recommend that you replace all of the above components although it is not uncommon for some of them (like RS863 and RS868 for example) to be intact after the failure.
Diodes on the board are especially hard to test since they are in parallel with the low-value resistors; we always replace the one from the group with blown resistors and usually do not replace the other....so far without problems.
Important note 1: We do not guarantee that this kit is all that you need. It gives you the essentials which cover easily 90% of all cases, but the proper diagnose and coverage of the remaining 10% even when problem is properly diagnosed are your responsibility.
Important note 2: The kit requires advanced soldering skills! A generic 60 watt soldering iron is not your best tool when handling those! Use at your risk and if you think this is not for you, use our board repair service instead (or someone else's of course).
Important note 3: We see customers often assuming that this is the kit they need. The TVs that use this power supply board have one much more common problem, that we strongly suggest you consider and check for!
All parts are brand new. We use the same kit in our own repair facility.
The default shipping option for the kit is via USPS First Class Mail.